Saturday, October 9, 2010

So the thing about traveling is...


Once you arrive to your destination travel is great. Its the inbetween stuff that sucks. The photo is of me running on about 32 minutes of sleep during my travels. As of now I am staying in Cusco, Peru, which is a great place, but getting here was hell. I booked a ticket with a south american airline which involved about 17 hours in the airports each way. My first night was spent in the Bolivian airport where I found out that I would have to purchase a Visa to enter the country. Something the booking agent didnt tell me about.



Long story short I paid about $150 dollars for a first class bed/chair to stare at this mountain. The closest hotel was about an hour away, and from the looks of the airplane I thought it would be wise just to stay put. 5am and the airport is functining again. Only four more hours until my flight leaves. All I wanted to do is sleep on the flight, but as soon as the plane was in the air I peeked out the window only to see the Andes. I didnt even want to blink and miss a minute of this unexplored landscape. The Excitment took over and now that im settled everything is how it should be. Good coffee, good beds, good people, and amazing geography. So excited to use my tickets to Macchu Picchu. I will be putting up photos of Peru soon.


-C-

No comments:

Post a Comment