Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lagging....



Well, lets see, where to start. First off sorry about not posting better pictures, but its kind of a pain in the ass doing it in a hotel lobby. Second, sorry for not updating this a bit more, but Europe is pretty small so theres been a lot of jumping around and not much time to sit down and find a computer. As of now I am finishing up my last day in Denmark, and let me just say I can't wait to go. Not that Denmark is a bad place, but its a bit cold, too expensive, and there really not much to see. My friend Luke and I even rented a car to go explore the rest of the country, but found nothing but farms and a bridge that cost us about 50 dollars to cross. Good story's did come from renting the car though, so ready here I go.



We get in the car ready to go explore some Viking shit for the first day, which everyone here has recomended and its only 20 minutes away. Pumped to go see some battle axes and other various viking things like boats, and maybe a Brett Farve helmut we arrive at the museam. Well, they had the boats, or better yet pieces of the boats arranged neatly on a much too expensive exibhit with nothing to show. What they did have is Viking clothing that made a good picture, but its on the other camera. Ill show you when I make my way through your town.

Back in the car we hit the road again not knowing what to expect at the next destination. We find out that we have to drive onto a boat and take a three hour tour across the Baltic sea, which was awesome. (Also did this on a train earlier in the week) After the cruise its decided that we just stay in the town thats closest to port cause the day is already running out. Upon arrival we find out that every hostel/ hotel is booked. What option is left? Urban camping! For those that dont know what that is, it means we slept in the car. A car that we parked in the woods. What happens when you sleep in the woods? You get freaked out. Stepping outside for a pee im quick to jump back in the car, and Luke ask if its cause its cold outside? Quick reply back, NO, its creepy out there something moved. He laughs and calls me a pussy. One hour later he has to pee, and is in and out of the car in less than a minute. Gets back in and says and agrees with my first thought.

Waking up freezing, we find out that day that the car has heated seats... Not knowing what to do we open our lonely planet to find out that a little place on the west coast of Denmark has a Water Park, well pool. Let me remind you that its anywhere between 20 and 30 degrees outside. Ofcourse, its the best idea in the world and we are on our way. One slide, wavepool, and a couple of diving boards = two fat old hairy guys buying two tickets and scaring the crap out of the local kids. Luke claims that I now own the speed record for the slide.

Out of the pool and towards the next hostel we go. Fun night full of beer and darts. Next day contains a trip to a viking fortress, which was awesome if it wasnt freezing outside. Ran around and took as many pictures as possible before my fingers went numb, but its crazy to walk through these places that existed over a 1000 years ago.

Last night was the best night though. Another small town with nothing to see except the next day was where we would sleep until we could wake up to go see the white bluffs of the east coast. We took the night easy, cooked food at the hostel and decided to watch the tv for a bit. In the middle of the night I see this person walk by the front window, and she comes by to knock at the door. I jump up to see what she wants and all she is doing is speaking in Danish. Oh, forgot to mention that she has blood coming from her left eye and her mouth. I tell her I cant understand what shes saying, and she ask if I speak English. Yes, and when I reply I notice that the blood isnt real, and now I start to wonder what the hell is going on. She keeps asking for a cell phone, and I just have to shut the door on her, because every horror film that I have ever seen is now running through my mind.

The next couple of hours were a bit uncomfortable, but here I am back in Copenhagen getting ready for my trip to London. Cant wait to make my way out there.

I should be on top of this a bit more in about a week. Dont count on it though, Im having way to much fun suckas.

No comments:

Post a Comment