Tuesday, December 7, 2010

LON-done...



London. Lets see, what happened here. First off I almost didnt get let into this country. One of our closest allies, and I´m the one who gets shit. My friend Luke walks through customs and gives me a wave, as in I will see ya in a minute. Yeah, didnt happen. Thirty-five minutes later I´m still trying to explain to London customs that why im there is to see buckinghamm palace. Some reason he wanted to give me a hard time. This is how it went:

Golden Child: How are you today?
Dickhead: Good, Passport?

GC: No problem
DH: Where you coming from?

GC: Denmark
DH: How much money do you have on you?

GC: 70 kroner: 10 dollars
DH: Where are you staying? How much does that cost?

GC: Picadilly hostel, 20 pounds a night.
DH: So, your telling me you dont have enough to pay for your hostel?

GC: Have you heard of a Visa card?
DH: How much do you have in your bank?

GC: Enough.
DH: Can you show me a bank statement? Where do you work,and live?

GC: Why would I carry a document that said how much money I have? Sounds safe. Unemployed and homeless.
DH: DO you have your boarding ticket for your returning flight?

GC: No, everything is electronic nowadays.
DH: Hmm, Not looking to good for you. I want to let you in to this country, but let me go talk to my co-worker.



I could keep that going, but have decided its easier to sum the rest up here. Basically the guy returns with the ïts still not looking to good for you bud, shit smirk on his face, and says now you have to convince me why you want to come to London.

Holy fuck, this guy is a ass. All I want to do is kick him in his balls, take my passport back, write the queen a letter and tell her to flush her douche next time, and move on. Instead I tell the guy that I have just finished my education, and stepped down from work to travel the world to see the sites. London has a lot to offer that I would like to see. The changing of the guard, buckinghamm palace, Big Ben, London Bridge, Tower Bridge, Jack the Ripper. Basically, I was shocked how much crap I was getting. His response was, ¨Your not that intellegent¨, Thanks I said, can you please explain.

DH: If I wanted to come to the states and see the pentagon I could do that in one day.
GC: Why would you go see the Pentagon? As I thought, shit if I was working customs and some foreign shit said im here to see the pentagon in one day, and then Im leaving, It would definitly raise a flag in the back of my head.

Dh: You need to be a bit more convincing than just telling me that you want to see tourist sites.
GC: In my head again. Why the fuck am I here? Okay, Im here with my friend to see him off and see the sites. Afterwards I am going to see my family in Spain for the holiday. I return home in January to start work, and pay off my student loans.

DH: Most people I know run from their debts.
GC: Americans don´t.

DH: What?
GC: I dont run from my debt. I have goals set and plan to follow them out.

DH: Allright. Your lucky Im doing this for you, but again your not that smart. What im going to do is blacklist you in London.
GC: And, what does that mean.

DH: You cant work or receive goverment funds for the next 6 months.
CG: Oh, thanks. In my head again, (What cant this guy get? Do I get paid in london to give them money to see their sites. Why would I want to work when I am on vacation?) But what did come out was, Sorry for being an inconvienance today.

DH: Oh, you werent.
GC: Have a good day.



My friend is now sitting outside looking at me like what the hell took so long, Ive been waiting here for ever. I told him the same story, and for the next day or so it was his laugh. Besides that, London was great. Everyone says that its pricey, but not if you know how to budget. First dont drink. I set out to see all the tourist stuff as you can see in all of the pictures. Again, I have much more, but this is what you get for now. The tower bridge, which is the last photo was one of my favorites. This is where the infamous Jack the Ripper roamed the grounds. It was also a place that took me forever to find. There was this great castle that is right next to it where all of the executions took place, and now is a huge financial district. With not much to see, but the dark side of things. I ended up spending about four days in London running around and taking photos, but had to take off when I heard that it was getting ready to snow. As of now all of Europe is covered with snow, and freezing. Dont come. Im still having a great time though, and now sitting on the straight of Gibraltar trying to make more stories.



Thanks for checking in.
Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment